Best Corrective Color





I searched and searched for photos of clients and went all the way back to 2005/2006 when I was going to Paul Mitchell Academy for cosmotology school and this particular client actually changed my career path. At the time, I was only interested in obtaining my license to do volunteer work on weekends (women at shelters). This client had received highlights with another student and it was the client's birthday and the color came out a bit orange. We colorists like to call it "warm"...sounds better. Anyway, the client looked so sad and had huge tears coming down her face. I saw her out of my peripheral vision but didn't want her to know that I noticed her hair...didn't want her to feel awkward, etc. Anyway, she kept crying and I finally walked up to her and told her I would "enhance the color a bit" for her birthday. She came in the following morning and we squeezed her in before my 9am client and she was so happy after we finished. I finally felt like I was making a difference...just a small difference...in someone's life. Selling pharmaceuticals (my career and full time job at the time) was financially rewarding but I never really felt like I made that much difference...I never got to see someone smile so bright like that. Anyway, fast forward to present...I decided I would do color and cuts full time instead of just volunteering my hair efforts. This client changed my career path. We still keep in touch. She works for the licensing board overseeing cosmotologists...whewww...thank goodness she liked my work.
- Sovay Reeder @ Salon Sovay

Comments