Color Correction by Sovay @ Salon Sovay

Before Color / Front Profile

After Color / Front Profile

Before Color / Side Right Profile

After Color / Side Right Profile
Before Color / Back

After Color / Back
So this was a really fun client with a 911 call from McAllen, Texas.  She was having a hard time finding a colorist to get the desired shade and it was getting extremely damaged in the process.  We spent about 10 to 20 minutes on the phone while she described her color travels and experiences and I was so excited to meet this head of hair!  When she walked in a week or two after our initial phone meeting, I noticed her hair immediately and understood her frustration.  I kept telling her I couldn't promise too much in our first visit because I was cautious about damaging her hair further, etc.  First, I needed to address the two levels of tonation present in her hair.  She had warm tones for the first 3 to 4 inches but the bottom 4 to 5 inches of her hair were light ash blonde.  I put a 9 level blue violet gloss on top (to neutralize/take away some of that orange and warmth) and put a 9 level yellow gloss on the bottom (to put pigment and warmth back in it).  Second, we put some lowlights and highlights spaced about 1/2 inch apart and a little closer up front where she wanted to see more blonde.  Her previous colorist was lifting her entire base and I told her I didn't want to do that (she didn't have any grey or white coming in and she's a natural level 7 so this was pointless).  My last step was doing a second gloss coat to make it appear much shinier, plumper, and healthy.  Bottom line, we did a ton of color work in three steps.  I was monitoring her hair after each step to make sure it seemed healthy enough to continue and it did!  The other issue was her choice of products and shampoo/conditioner.  We changed that protocol, as well, and I think the "after" shots were a great improvement for just one visit :)   ~Sovay Reeder@Salon Sovay

Comments