Natural color for summer ~ Highlights and Lowlights with Sovay @ Salon Sovay

front shot after "natural" looking highlights/lowlights

side shot after "natural" looking highlights/lowlights

back shot after "natural" looking highlights/lowlights

Quarter shot/right side after "natural" looking highlights/lowlights
So I would say about 70% of my hair practice focuses on maintaining highlights/color for clients.  Here is a client whose natural color is very light (level 8) and ash in tone.  When she arrived today, she had about 2 to 3 inches of new growth.  She doesn't have any preference for how I color her hair so I am free to do whatever I want.  In general, I find her to be extremely natural, pretty, and low maintenance with a job in nursing (she pulls it back in a ponytail) so I wanted to give her a natural looking color that would not show a strong line of demarcation when growing out (translation...I didn't want her to have bad "roots" forcing her to come often to get them done).  She also has very strong and dark eyebrows framing her eyes (pretty rare for a woman with such natural light hair) so I wanted to weave some lowlights back in to play off the eyes and give her plenty of dimension (her hair was getting a little too blonde all over).  I wanted this entire look to be natural so I did a fine weave (as opposed to a larger "chunkier" application) so her hair would look extremely natural as it grows out and the different colors would look very natural and "beachy".  I also put 2 closely packed foils of blonde real close to her front hair line to make it look like she laid out in the sun (I really like that look!)  I topped off her color with a clear gloss coat to make it super shiny and pop.  I imagine this color should stay pretty for about 2 1/2 to 3 months before she needs to get her new growth colored again.    ~Sovay Reeder@Salon Sovay

Comments